Impossible Coconut Pie for 1

Sweet little snack for 1! Great for portion control. I never had an Impossible Coconut Pie so I decided to go through my first batch of non picture posts and start testing those recipes out. One obstacle is finding a reasonable egg substitute. Some have very unorthodox egg measurements for a small batch recipe so I will have to figure that out. This was the first easy recipe I saw. Made with this 10 oz square ceramic . Enjoy! 

Ingredients: 

1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons flaked coconut
2 tablespoons applesauce (see notes)
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
2-1/4 teaspoons margarine (see notes)
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2. Mix milk, coconut, eggs, vanilla, flour, margarine, and sugar in blender. 

3. Pour into a greased, single-serving custard dish. Sprinkle nutmeg on top. 

4. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

5. Allow to cool before eating. 

NOTES: 

Applesauce is the substitute for 1/2 an egg. Rather than trying to half an egg and wondering wtf to do with the other half, I opted for the applesauce sub. 

Never used margarine so I used salted butter because that is what I have. There's only tbsp measurements so to the skilled baker 3 teaspoons is equal to 1 tbsp so I cut into a butter stick just shy of 1 tbsp. Aim for 2/3 of a tbsp.

I accidentally stirred in the nutmeg rather than using as topping. Oversight on my part. 

I baked in the oven for 30 minutes then turned off oven and let it sit in there for 5 minutes.

Result? Despite the changes, I think it turned out wonderful! Next time I recommend baking the entire time if you don't want pudding texture (which I loved) Keep in mind that this is called a PIE. What I ate was no pie but it sure was yummy as hell. 

Popular posts from this blog

Flour Tortillas (6 tortillas) TWO WAYS

Small Batch Strawberry Paletas

Roasted Honey Garlic Carrots for 1